Turning Wishes to Santa into Reality
a means for people who “have” to become Santa for kids who have not
Santa for a Day fulfills letters to Santa from disadvantaged kids. Teaching youngsters the power of the pen… and then rewarding their efforts, by translating their wishes into reality, helping them author a different, more positive narrative about life, one sparked by optimism and the vision of a brighter future.
Programs such as Santa for a Day have the unique power to dramatically transform the arc of a young child’s personality as well as to transform the trajectory of his or her future… Whether they believe in Santa or not, God-bless all who support this wonderful and life-changing endeavor!”
“As someone devoted to making government at all levels more efficient and responsive to my constituents, I find it remarkable how a volunteer concept, like Santa for a Day, that is so elegant in its simplicity, can so quickly leverage such wide-spread, and heart-felt, joy and cheer!”
"Santa for a Day has been a godsend for Milwaukee’s at-risk youth. The program reinforces the importance of literacy by encouraging the youngsters to learn the power of putting pen to paper. More importantly, the outpouring of love and generosity has helped alter the children’s narrative about the holiday season by imbuing it with hope and joy. This really is an inspiring modern ‘Christmas miracle!"
Director of Community Programs & Services
Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee
Our National Sponsors
- Kids write a letter addressed to Santa.
- The Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee (HACM) collects all letters.
- SFAD receives redacted letters with wish lists.
- SFAD matches the child’s gift request to available online items.
- Donors can read redacted letters, select gift and pay with credit card.
- Order is encrypted then transmitted to online retailer.
- Retailers ship gifts to SFAD, we wrap each gift individually and deliver to housing authorities.
- Each Child receives their gifts at a holiday party hosted by the he Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee (HACM).
Volunteers make our work a success. We hope you will consider the many ways to give of your time: Letter writing events: assist younger children in writing their letters to Santa. Identifying gifts: Johnny wants a red fire truck, but which red fire truck is it? Gift-wrapping: Packages arrive at SFAD HQ and need to be quickly wrapped and shipped. Fundraising Events: With a return to normalcy, there will be many opportunities to support. Please check back here in September to get involved in 2021 holiday campaign.